"He who has so little knowledge of human nature as to seek happiness by changing anything but his own disposition will waste his life in fruitless efforts." Samuel Johnson

Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 21 Friday

It was an early morning on Friday. We have to do luggage runs on friday mornings. So we did those for a while and then at 7 had quiet time but I ended up helping with breakfast and the kitchen. Then crew had breakfast. After breakfast we went down to the parking lot, me and Collin were in charge of parking cars. That was actually pretty boring. After that I went and worked like crazy at three sink till lunch. We had a crew counselor debrief after lunch. It was so nice to spend some time together as a crew staff and it was helpful to hear things that had been happening that week. I felt like I got a much better understanding of some kids because of our discussion. After that we had time to chill with kids till dinner.

During free time one camper (David) hurt his knee playing dodgeball (turns out it was a bone bruise) But that was a cool opportunity to have the other campers circle up and pray for him. Thne later kyle, Chris, and me were waiting with him and we prayed for him.

We had a very nice staff dinner on Friday. Kelsey and I talked a lot before and after dinner. One time when we were talking Mark(Camp director) looked over and gave us a funny look. Essentially it was the "you two are flirting" look. That was interesting. Then I said something to him about it later and he said "hey there are worse things, and then he said I like it". LOL ridiculous.

It is getting harder and harder to repress my feelings. I'm feeling more and more strongly. I think this could be serious. I just feel like I'm not a boy anymore and I'm even more prepared to leave behind things that need to be left behind. It is very weird for me because I've started to realize that I really didn't believe God had someone for me. i mean I always thought I would get married but I think I believed it wouldn't be for a long time. I think part of that is because of past relationships as well as not really meeting anyone over four years of college. I don't think that really explained it but maybe it did. Friday night after dinner I had bible study. I'm leading a group of four guys. I was very nervous about leading a bible study but it went so well. I felt like I connected with the guys. We had smores and sat around a fire. I'm so excited to meet individually with these guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment