"He who has so little knowledge of human nature as to seek happiness by changing anything but his own disposition will waste his life in fruitless efforts." Samuel Johnson

Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 7 Friday

Surprise Surprise another long day. The morning start off with a shower and devos. Then it was really exciting when Hanley showed up and we celevrated because katilyn said yes!!! The rest of the morning was spent in meetings. Then we had lunch (which was very good). After lunch we had another meeting and lynn brought a hockey stick and pucks(Rubber ones) So when it looked like people were falling asleep he would shoot one in their direction (He is old, and a little crazy) It was pretty insane.

After that we had team building activities, which sucked. I just generally do not like them. I went most of the time not talking. It was interesting because I don't think people were ready for me to be reserved, because since we have been here I have been pretty vocal and just stupid/silly. I don't know how it happened but I guess I've been the goofy one most of the time. Anyways last night we had a camp fire and I helped Hanley, Collin, and Derek build it.

Funny story Collin threw horse manure at Hanley so Hanley was wrestling him and yelling for one of us to bring him manure. I went and grabbed it and on the way Derek was like "Get Hanley" So I ran up and put the manure on Hanley's face. POOR CHOICE. He ended up pummeling me. I guess I still act like a younger brother sometimes :)

After the camp fire we had a crew meeting to hear the engagement story. Then we circled up and prayed for Kaitlyn and Hanley's engagement and marriage.

Hanley asked me why I wasn't/ told me I should date Kelsey. (Side note she literally just walked in and brought me a cup of French press coffee :)! To funny! Honestly I think Kelsey is amazing. Her younger brother even told me I should date/marry her. LOL But I just don't feel God is leading me that way and for us to be anything but good friends God has to lead and ordain it. Father please take away feelings that are not being lead by you. Please give me wisdom and discernment with that relationship. I really do not want to be distracted this summer. Lord serving you is my purpose this summer, lead me Father. Thank you for leading me here and providing father. It's time for breakfast. Bye!

2 comments:

  1. question about the campfire: did you use lighter fluid or do it the "hippie" way--all natural? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. It was almost all natural we used matches not flint :( LOL

    ReplyDelete