"He who has so little knowledge of human nature as to seek happiness by changing anything but his own disposition will waste his life in fruitless efforts." Samuel Johnson

Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 15 June 6th

Saturday was my official two week mark of waking up at camp. Wow that is weird. What I love about being up here is the feel of such reliance on God and just how obvious it is that life is so much more joyful and deep when you are committed to walking hand in hand with God and serving him. I wouldn't trade these life experiences and relationships for any amount of money or prestigious internship (Thank you Father for providing me with an internship) Saturday was a work day.

Andrew Brown shared a great message about stopping and the sabbath. Then we worked..... lol.
(interesting strategy Eagle Lake). I lead a group of counselors of which Cole, Kelsey, and Broderick were part. At times it was tough keeping the four guys on task but we got a lot of work done. I worked closely with Kelsey for most of the day, that was good and also tough. It is just difficult for me to keep my feelings of that of a friend as well as keeping myself from hoping for more than that. I know the obstacles would be numerous but that doesn't concern me. I ate dinner with Hanley, katilyn, and Kelsey. We had a blast, so much joking and laughing I didn't' even really help clean after dinner we just kept hanging out. one of the staff from the glen spoke after dinner about the relational covenant. then we had a short crew meeting to gather and pray for kids.

Thank you for the heart of this crew staff Father we were/are so excited for kids. Please continue to bless our relationships and bind our hearts together lord. Give me extra love for these kids/ We spent some time after our meeting planning our tent bonding. The dudes are going to have a highland game competition at some point. We are planning on buying fabric for kilts (?).

Then we hit the hay for a good night rest. Eight hours for the first time in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment