"He who has so little knowledge of human nature as to seek happiness by changing anything but his own disposition will waste his life in fruitless efforts." Samuel Johnson

Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 13 June 4th

Thursday started off with some qt and then we had crew devotions. The morning was busy, as usual. In the afternoon we had about an hour long break so me and Hanley went on an adventure. Lord thank you for laughter that was sooo good for me. Thursday afternoon we had to set up because we had a trail run for banquet night. That was not the most fun thing ever.

I honestly struggle being lead by a Derek. I feel like he puts the kid gloves on to lead and treats every one line a child. Sorry I do not like being micro-managed, I am not a child. Also Jessie Ann was helping and sometimes working with her is a big struggle for me. It's just like she gets really picky about some stupid stupid stuff. Like these tables need to be perfectly aligned?!? What they are a half inch off NO ONE WILL NOTICE! LOL It is more than that but I just feel like she is indecisive so it is hard for her to lead because she changes her mind and it just grinds on me. Hopefully I don't have to help those two with banquet much. Also I enjoy stressful situations like banquet night, I think that stuff is fun because it is difficult and your pressing. But I feel like I stay calm during those situations because I realize hey this isn't the end of the world if we are off a little and it is easier to make decisions when you remain calm. But that is very much the opposite of how those two respond to those situations and actually I think Hanley is a lot of the same way where the task at hand can consume everything else and that is just tough for me.

Callie Elmore's dad spoke after dinner. (He is one of the top NAV donors) after he spoke we had a crew meeting and talked about camper bible studies and discussed questions. Honestly I'm very nervous about leading a bible study. I feel like I should be spending more time on them. I was going to work on them on Thursday but Hanley wanted to hangout so I didn't. Also the Lakers won game one of the finals. I'm so happy about that. Talk about answered prayer! Just Kidding.

Side note the weather has been amazing so far. It hasn't rained once and it has been pretty warm everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment