"He who has so little knowledge of human nature as to seek happiness by changing anything but his own disposition will waste his life in fruitless efforts." Samuel Johnson

Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 11 June 2nd Tuesday

Yesterday was a good day. We worked hard all morning. I got a break to teach some rez counselors kayaking. That was cool, I enjoyed the break and we had fun with it. Then I took a heavenly twenty five minute nap.

We got off work at three, so Hanley and I decided to have a one on one. We went up to the A-frame and just laid around in bed (I bored Collin's bed) We talked and took a nap. We talked about how camp was going and different things and then we talked about Kelsey and he gave me advice. His advice was interesting because he previously asked me why I wasn't dating her/ or told me I should and then when he was giving me advice he was just like well this summer at Eagle Lake is not a place/time to pursue her.

Then we had an all crew meeting after dinner and talked about our spiritual gifts (We had taken a survey previous to the meeting). Hanley let us out to go to sleep around nine. That was amazing! On the hike to our tents we ran into Kelsey. So I stopped and we talked for a little bit and we planned to meet at six the nextg morning. Unfortunetly she showed up and I was sitting talking with Derek (Mostly about her actually) So she left and we didn't get to met. God is this holding me back? Is it holding me back from growing closer to you? this staff? The kids when they come? I'm trying to give it to you but I don't know if I am. Show me what that looks like.

Thank you for bringing me here, thank you for this staff. please prepare our hearts for your love and to love these campers.

No comments:

Post a Comment