"He who has so little knowledge of human nature as to seek happiness by changing anything but his own disposition will waste his life in fruitless efforts." Samuel Johnson

Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 16 June 6th (I know my dates were off, but this is right)

Yesterday was the first day of camp. We started the morning with shaunda and jack talking aobut bible study. Then we met with our bible studies. After that we followed tradition and had chapel out at the point. They have the first chapel every summer at the point. I got torched by the sun. amazing what a few thousand feet closer to the sun will do to you. After chapel we got commissioned, then had brunch. (Kira was here, Rez counselor last summer). It was really good to see her.

At 1:00 the gates opened and kids flooded in. Camp will never be the same. As much as we want them it is hard to adjust from two weeks of staff training. God, I am really nervous, nervous I won't like these kids, nervous i will feel myself pulling away. Give me a lens to see them with even a speck of the love you have for them. Father, show me three guys to request for my bible study. The rest of Sunday was taken up by luggage, moving in to the tents, games, dinner, cleanup, and a meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment