"He who has so little knowledge of human nature as to seek happiness by changing anything but his own disposition will waste his life in fruitless efforts." Samuel Johnson

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day off 6/12

I'm sitting down at a coffee shop (Agia Sophia a.k.a Eagle Lake staff hang out) and I'm drinking down my third cup of coffee on the day (At my third coffee shop?!?!?=ELC day off) I honestly feel funny but I'm cheap and I don't want to by a smoothie and I feel bad not buying anything, I also do not like to waste so I'm drinking it....... ah I know it truly is one of those "Oh, Phil" moments (lol Andrea)

Anyways I w as excited to check up on Corey's blog and see the new content.... Too bad there was only one new post. (Come on Corey!) But his post caused me to start thinking, because his questions was "how would you determine the success of a ministry?" I quickly realized I did not have a good answer and that started to get the wheels (in my head) turning.

How would I determine a successful ministry? I know it isn't numbers driven, I have been far to effected by number challenged ministries (*cough*klife*cough) to believe it is numbers. I have also experienced "Monster ministry" that had large numbers of kids stroll through and hear the right answers and allow nothing to sink in or be applied. I am processing as I type so please forgive me if I give the "Wrong" answer. I think a ministries success is determined by a. Being a vehicle for gospel truth. It is our task to spread the seed, we do not determine the amount of growth that follows or when that growth follows. B. Walking with Christ in the mundane of ministry (I was forever changed when I had a conversation with a close friend last summer *cough*Andrea*cough* and she talked about how it is so easy to miss being obedient in the mundane, then months later I was challenged by Hanley in a conversation about the contract that it is the small concessions that we make during our walk that steers our course) C. The heart condition or affect the ministry has had on the ministry leader(s), If a and b are happening then positive changes in C seem only logical to be happening.

Please keep in mind I had never lead a ministry and this is my knee jerk reaction to the question.

Anyways I wanted to post more. But Doyle called and I needed to talk to him and now I have to pack up and head up the mountain but updates to come soon.

1 comment: