"He who has so little knowledge of human nature as to seek happiness by changing anything but his own disposition will waste his life in fruitless efforts." Samuel Johnson

Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 9 May 20th Sunday

Yesterday was another tough day. I really felt challenged. The morning was good me and Cole met in the morning. We talked and prayed together. Lord please bind our hearts together bring us closer to one another, I feel like you have placed Cole on my heart to be an encourager and challenger in his life this summer.

We had a time of worship after breakfast and then Jack mcqueeny (Katilyn, Kelsey, and Cole's father/ Also executive director of the Glen and Eagle Lake properties) Spoke. After brunch we had an "amazing race" Colorado Springs style, for all the counselors.

Kelsey, Chris, Kyle, and I were all on the same team. Which was an awesome group but stressful becasuse we were dominating to start and then Kelsey's camera wasn't working (It was deleting every like 8th photo back, which pretty much kills you in a photo scavenger hunt) so then we switched to mine and it broke. It was amazing/challenging to be around Kelsey that much (I drove and she navigated). I have a really hard time reading her and it made me feel like I was falling for her more and more. I really don't wan't to lose our friendship and that has made it a tough situation. But I feel like it is getting harder and harder to maintain. Thinking about her/our relationship is consuming to many of my thoughts. Lord give me peace and comfort me, allow me discernment in our relationship and please lead me father. I want you to bless this relationship if it is going to be anything more than friends.

We finished the race after like 3 hours (We were given like 4 1/2) So we went over to the Mcqueeny's house and hung out. Then we had an all staff picnic at a nearby park. We hung out at Agia Sophia for a little while (The gave all of the ELC staff a free drink) and I got to see Kira for like a minute. Then we headed back up the mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment