"He who has so little knowledge of human nature as to seek happiness by changing anything but his own disposition will waste his life in fruitless efforts." Samuel Johnson

Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 12 June 3rd

Wednesday was hard. We worked all morning and had a little bit of time to hangout before lunch. Lunch was sweet because it was all crew plus horse. Excursion was out on a trail and rez did a lunch hike. After lunch we went back to work and got off at four. The extra time was really nice. I was able to get some work done on bible study. After dinner excursions helped clean up. So we got out of the dinning hall early. We playved never have I ever and then got going on our meeting.

In the meeint we talked about the work schedule for a long time. After the meeting Hanley approached me and aksed what was wrong. I was frustrated because I've started to realize how much I hate that question. He persisted for a while but finally stopped. I didn't have a good answer to give. I think I just needed some time alone, I'm not used to spending every waking moment with people. I desire to process things. Sometimes I can't even help but try to because they will ben on my mind consuming my thoughts.

Anyways I went to the bathroom and Derek got on me for having a bad attitude. I didn't know how to respond, honestly I was pretty pissed. I tried to defend myself but I felt like he didn't really want to hear it. It's very frustrating because I feel like Derek is becoming quick to get on me and is really sensitive and I'm just like hey man this is life, this is me. Also we just talked about a very similar issue a few days ago. I ended up leaving and was in the dinning hall trying to pray through it/ process and about five minutes in Kelsey sat down next to me. We talked for like an hour. It was good to talk through it with someone. But I still have to deal with it. When I got back to the tent everyone was sleeping and ben woke u0p and was like"Where were you? We were all worried for you" Honestly, wow that didn't help. I just felt like getting up at our next meeting and saying "I don't know what the expectation for how I am supposed to act is but could someone please tell me so I can try to perform to that better" I just don't understand I'm not going to be one way 24/7 I have emotions, I go through challenges, things stress me out, I get tired, and I need to be alone sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment