"He who has so little knowledge of human nature as to seek happiness by changing anything but his own disposition will waste his life in fruitless efforts." Samuel Johnson

Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 27 Thursday June 17th

On Thursday I had laundry duty. So after Devotions the two store crew girls and I filled the van with everyone's laundry and headeed down the mountain and stopped for some coffee on the way to the laundry mat.

Laundry turned out to be fun but a pretty intense experience. Bible study Thursday night was really good. We went through phil 2:1-18 and it lead to some very good discusion. I specifically remember Chris brought up struggling to have a fear of God V12 and that really resinated with me. We talked about how we are missrepresenting God if we do not focus on all of his characteristics but just focus on a few (Love/Grace) I feel like a lot of this view comes from so many "Christians" being an unch deep and getting converted but not discipled. Also the church might be to evangilistic in the sense of trying to be appealing to the none believer. I don't know if that is it or if we are just drwan to certain characteristics of God.

Anyways it was just a great bible study and challenged me to be aware of all Gods characteristics and trying to have an understanding of his whole character.

No comments:

Post a Comment