"He who has so little knowledge of human nature as to seek happiness by changing anything but his own disposition will waste his life in fruitless efforts." Samuel Johnson

Monday, July 5, 2010

Camp Life

Wow how camp life is flying by. This Friday our crew campers go home..... That is crazy it seems like they just got here and it has almost been five weeks. I had my day off today, that was needed. But I wasn't very productive in it. My bucket list for the last two weeks of camp is struggling. But when we got back I got to meet up with Mark and we talked for like two hours. It was amazing. He shared some seriously deep stuff with me that I would not have expected for him to share. It was pretty crazy.

It was so cool to be able to meet with Mark, I feel like I have really started to get to know him and we have gotten a lot closer. I felt so honored that he shared so much with me. It was just amazing to hear him say how much he wanted to meet with me and how he really enjoyed it. I got to talk to him a bit about Kelsey and about the Contract (Tommy's wedding) I felt very encouraged and challenged about Tommy's wedding.

I have fallen so far behind on journals and on updating them to the blog. That is on my two week bucket list actually. So after me and Mark talked tonight I felt very in need of some time in prayer and in the word. Also I have been taking care of some other things since then. It is now 12:40 and I am exhausted but I have really enjoyed the time I have spent up. I really hope God comes through in answering my prayer for more energy for these last fews days of first session.

I got a chance to send my family a very long email giving them an update on camp. That was so good to get done. I'm sure they will appreciate it. Tonight when me and Mark talked I was so encouraged, and really saw a lot of the blessing God has poured on me this summer. Wow thank you Lord, I feel so undeserving.

I have been having a problem of keeping my flashlight with me so tonight I had to grab one out of lost and found so I can use it to get back to my tent. Anyways I'm pretty sure this is the flashlight of some 10 year old girl camper here at camp. LOL

I've been thinking a lot about my relationship with Kelsey and I'm praying that she will offer for me to go with her this weekend to the wedding she is in because I would totally go. I really hope she asks me/ I'm going to kind of invite myself. But I'm hopeful I will get a chance to talk to her soon. Lord I'm stepping out in faith and I feel like I'm being obedient in that. We shall see.

I've been spending a lot of time this summer praying for a mentor when I go back to school and for opportunities to be a light and share my faith with guys in my Fraternity. I feel like maybe all this time I've spent in the Fraternity could pay off after all.

Well I'm exhausted so I have to go get some sleep. 4 hours yay! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment