"He who has so little knowledge of human nature as to seek happiness by changing anything but his own disposition will waste his life in fruitless efforts." Samuel Johnson

Monday, March 8, 2010

Victory!

So I really needed a victory today and at two I got to my class room for my Sign Language class to find a closed door and a note that said there was no class today.......Victory! It was so refreshing and rejuvenating, I was in the middle of a very busy and stressful Monday and Boom no more late paper because we didn't have class today, no sitting in class for fifty minutes, an extra fifty minutes to try to be productive towards other things, and it was just a wonderful moment of disbelief that I was actually free from class.

I was reading a blog entry of mine from last fall and it is just crazy to me how long ago September feels like it was. I was just thinking about how horrible the first two months of last semester were and then it hit me that it was just last semester.

Today is the worst kind of weather. The sun never came up and it has just been gray all day. This weather honestly gets me down. That is a big reason why I need to leave Iowa. I think I am more of a California weather kind of guy, always sunny and 70. Yeah that sounds pretty good.

So now that I am positive I am going back to Eagle Lake it has been a really good motivator to be spending more time in the word and more time working on gaining a better understanding of the bible as a whole. Right now I'm reading through "How to study the bible" By John MacArthur. It is different then what I expected but I have enjoyed it for the most part. I am really excited for all of the time this summer that I will be spending in the word with campers, other counselors, and time spent alone up in the mountains.

Father I pray the staff this summer would have a deep love for each other and that would be the focus of our staff to love one another and for your love to overflow from us to each other and our campers. I also pray right now for all of the people who are making decisions right now on if they are going to be coming to Eagle Lake or doing something else this summer and that you would lead them in that decision and that they would use and enjoy this time to examine their life, their relationship with you, their priorities, and what they really want out of this short time we have here.

No comments:

Post a Comment