"He who has so little knowledge of human nature as to seek happiness by changing anything but his own disposition will waste his life in fruitless efforts." Samuel Johnson

Sunday, March 7, 2010

This moment.....and maybe others ;)

So I'm sitting in Panera right now. I really enjoy going to coffee shops and pulling out my computer and putting my headphones in. I don't enjoy Panera as much as the average local coffee shop. It is just a little to busy for me.

Sunday's are stressful days. Sunday is usually the day I start to see how much I have going on during the next week. It is also the day I plan on doing a lot but usually do not get a lot done. Sunday is usually a big cleaning, organizing, laundry-ing?, and overall just "busy" day. I like to do things that make me feel like I'm being productive as I am putting off doing school work. I think ideally I would wake up early on Sunday but I usually don't wake up till ten (Church is at ten thirty) lol, I feel like a lot of people would read this and be saying "Oh yes that makes perfect sense". But since no one is reading this I will just have to say it to myself.

Anyways I was actually pretty productive on Saturday morning and was able to do all of my laundry, cleaning, and organizing. So that was rally nice and I felt good about the rest of my weekend. Also today I am skipping the Panthers Tournament championship game to be at panera "doing things". So I call that a victory.

As far as other moments are concerned. On Friday I had an interview with a Real Estate company in Cedar Falls to discuss an internship. The interview went very well and I am 90% sure they will be offering me the internship next week. This was my number one option so I am extremely thankful.

It is amazing to me how over the past month and a half God has delivered so much. First I was contacted about going back to Eagle Lake as a crew counselor when I had already written it off, then I spent time praying asking for prayer, the conversation with my parents was terrible, then I asked for direction and prayed at warrior training and the man leading told me my parents were in authority and I should obey their decision so we prayed for God to change their hearts, then my father said that he thought it would be a good thing for me to go to Eagle Lake but he just wanted me to get an internship, so I decided to be obedient to my parents and search out an internship that would allow me to work at Eagle Lake, then there was the discussion about Tommy's wedding and the alcohol commitment, then in a happy birthday letter my parents said they were hoping I would be able to go to Eagle Lake, and now this internship which was my first choice looks like it is going to work out. How many times did I think I had closed the door on this summer and then prayed for God to open it if that was his will and he has continued to open the door. I don't think I have actually realized how incredible this whole thing has been until just now.

Thank you Father for leading me so strongly. I have such a hard time realizing your hand leading me until I look back and see how faithful you are and how obvious your work was. I pray that first and foremost your love would pour through me to these young men and women this summer. I pray that I will not spend one hour thinking that this is my love and I need to love them better or try harder, but that I would know it is your love and my job is to allow you to love me and for that love to overflow through me.

There are so many more things but I am going to take a break. Hey, 2 blogs in three days. Seriously that might just be a new record for me, it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment