"He who has so little knowledge of human nature as to seek happiness by changing anything but his own disposition will waste his life in fruitless efforts." Samuel Johnson

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Routines

Yesterday I read an article about routines and the value of having routines. I truly enjoyed that article and I think there is a lot of value in what the author wrote. His basic point was that "If you have routines to begin and end your days you will be much more productive and the days will be easier" also with routines you can work on being consistent in the things that are important to you exercise, reading, quiet time, etc. I like to blog because it has a positive impact on my thinking and processing of my life and the events that are shaping it. There is value in routines because routines require discipline, which is one of the defining factors of men of value. There is so much to do and opportunities are vast these days which can make it difficult to stay focused on the things that matter to you. Discipline is one of my greatest shortcomings and I have resolved to improve. I like the idea of blogging and reading to end my each day (at least week day). More to come later but I must go to bed. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment